“Whoever performs Hijama cupping in the 17th, 19th and 21st day (of the Lunar month), then it is a cure for every disease”. [Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah #3861].
*If booking within 48 hours of your appointment, please call first.
Why Hijama (Cupping)?
Cures to diseases (medicine) have been divinely revealed. Islamic medicine is holistic, it incorporates the mind, body and soul. Whereas allopathic medicine holds that there are some diseases where a cure has not been discovered yet (such as cancer, aids, schizophrenia), the position of Islamic medicine is that all diseases have a cure.
The Prophet (PBUH) said “There is a remedy for every disease and when the remedy is applied to the disease, it is cured with the permission of Allah, The Exalted”. Recorded by Muslim.
At the foundation of Islamic Medicine is the belief that if the heart is good, the body will be good. The heart becomes good by trusting in Allah and his messenger. Therefore, when a person becomes ill, they
should seek relief from the teachings of the Quran or the life of Prophet Muhammad (if not directly then indirectly).
“Say: It (The Quran) is a healing for those who believe a Guide and a Healing…” [Surah Fussilat: 44]
What to Expect
What should I do before Hijama?
- Fast at least 2-3 hours before your treatment ‘’Cupping on an empty stomach is best. In it is a cure and blessing.” (Sahih Sunan Ibn Maajah 3487)
- The person undergoing Hijama is encouraged to perform Ghusl (ritual bath) or shower before the treatment.“Abdullah bin Az-Zubair reported that Aisha (ra) told him that the Prophet (PBUH) used to perform ghusl for four things Major ritual impurity, Jumu’ah (Friday) prayer, After washing the dead and before Cupping”. (Abu Dawud)
- Drink plenty of water – Aim for 6 – 8 standard cups prior to treatment
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing – may need to roll up your clothes
- Let your therapist know of any medication you are on and your Medical history
- Eat some dates (3 small) or drink some honey (1 Tbsp) with water (1 cup) to bring your energy levels back up.
- Rest over the next 24 hours and avoid any strenuous exercise (GYM/SPORT/MANUAL LABOR).
- Hijama tends to make people feel very relaxed and sleepy following treatment. it is important to stay active and alert for at least 3-4 hours to follow your treatment. This is the period for you to drive home, monitor your wounds for no further bleeding and ensure your vitals remain normal (i.e Blood Pressure (110-140/70-90, better 120/80), Heart Rate (60 – 100 beats per minute) , Body Temperature (36.5 – 37.2 degrees) and Rate of Breathing (12 – 16 breaths per minute))
- Avoid marital sexual relations for 24 hours after hijama.
- Drink lots of water to help detox your body and remove any unwanted toxins (6-8 cups per day thereafter).
- Avoid eating meat and dairy for 24hours, this will help with healing processes. Also better to avoid packaged and processed foods following Hijama as they place a heavy burden on our body’s detoxification system generally.
- Oil around the places where you have been cupped with olive or black seed oil as often as possible, this will also help with the healing process and sooth any itchiness or irritation you may experience.
- Take a warm shower but avoid using any soaps and shower gel on the area/s that have been cupped for 24 hours to avoid irritation. if your skin is sensitive than avoid for 48 hours.